As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking multiple product improvements as well as implementing new projects, with the freedom to experiment and adopt the best languages, tools, and frameworks to create a stable and intuitive experience for our clients.
This position will continuously challenge and develop both your frontend and backend software development skills, with the intention that you will work on an approximate split of 30/70% frontend/backend-related projects. You will also be involved in the development and maintenance of our DevOps infrastructure, allowing you to further develop your experience as a well-rounded full-stack software engineer.
You will be working in our Engineering team reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
What you will do
- Develop software using modern engineering techniques and agile methodologies, focusing on code quality and testability
- Help us Improve application performances
- Contribute to each stage of the project lifecycle with your agile and data-driven mindset
- Participate and contribute to decision-making, eventually suggest new approaches to help us operate more efficiently
- Help our technology and our team scale as the business grows
Who you are
- You have more than 3 years of experience in coding
- You have experience in designing, implementing and operating business-critical applications and distributed systems (experience with GCP a plus)
- You have actively contributed to the full software development life cycle (scoping, prioritization, planning, execution, operation, end-of-life) and have experience with the tools that assist it (source control, testing, continuous integration, deployment tools)
- You have a proved understanding of what makes a good API, knowledge of architectural patterns of web applications and a solid knowledge of web standards
- You master Go programming (or similar) and you always test your code as you go
- You have a good knowledge in one (or more) of the following programming languages JVM, Ruby, PHP or Python
- You have experience with modern frontend technologies (React, Vue, etc) and all the modern tooling you would expect in a fresh web application
- Have an endless thirst for knowledge, and know the importance of iteration and improvement, and don’t fall in love with your code.
- You have excellent communication skills
- The opportunity to do a job that is socially useful in a fun workplace and helping every month thousands of people worldwide get the right job
- Free daily ski passes, cinema tickets, beach resorts entries
- All-expense-paid trip to celebrate your 3 years in Jobtome
- Up to 3 days of volunteerism
- Flexible working hours
- Company-sponsored dinners
- PlayStation games, fierce ping-pong competitions and relax areas
- Free drinks and snacks in our Lounge
- Budget for books/magazines/online courses
- Discounts on train tickets
More about us
Find out more about us and our innovative way of working on our website http://weare.jobtome.com and on our Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/lifeatjobtome/
Would you like to help millions of people find their perfect job? Join us and be part of our exciting challenge!