As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for undertaking multiple product improvements as well as implementing new projects, with the freedom to experiment and adopt the best languages, tools, and frameworks to create a stable and intuitive experience for our clients.
This position will continuously challenge and develop both your frontend and backend software development skills, with the intention that you will work on an approximate split of 30/70% frontend/backend-related projects. You will also be involved in the development and maintenance of our DevOps infrastructure, allowing you to further develop your experience as a well-rounded full-stack software engineer.
You will be working in our Engineering team reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer encompassing responsibilities along all areas of application development. This includes detailed software design, pair-programming code with unit tests to implement the design, and enterprise architecture integration. You will be also responsible for the analysis of business, engineering problems and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions.
What you will do
- Focus on code quality and testability
- Enterprise integration experience utilizing microservices/SOA
- Experience working with MySQL databases
- Using continuous integration tools and automated testing, CI/CD pipeline
- Design and architecture of large-scale applications
- Improve application performance
- Continually improve technical processes to get us operating more efficiently
- Agile and Data-Driven mindset
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
Who you are
- Previous experience with distributed systems
- Have an endless thirst for knowledge
- Solid development skills with Java, C++ or Scala
- Python/Go are considered as a plus
- Familiar with Linux development environment.
- Knowledge and experience on web app (frontend and backend) is a plus
- Domain knowledge on HCI/SDDC is a plus
- Excellent communication; written and spoken
- Understanding of the importance of iteration and improvement. Don’t fall in love with your code.
- The opportunity to do a job that is socially useful in a fun workplace and helping every month thousands of people worldwide get the right job
- Free daily ski passes, cinema tickets, beach resorts entries
- All-expense-paid trip to celebrate your 3 years in Jobtome
- Up to 3 days of volunteerism
- Flexible working hours
- Company-sponsored dinners
- PlayStation games, fierce ping-pong competitions and relax areas
- Free drinks and snacks in our Lounge
- Budget for books/magazines/online courses
- Discounts on train tickets
More about us
Find out more about us and our innovative way of working on our website https://weare.jobtome.com/ and on our Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/lifeatjobtome/?hl=it
Would you like to help millions of people find their perfect job? Join us and be part of our exciting challenge!